Blogg-Postare

The keto challenge: “It made the first two weeks SO EASY”

Weekly-feedback-16-9

Over 900,000 people have signed up for our free two-week keto low-carb challenge. You’ll get free guidance, meal plans, recipes, shopping lists and troubleshooting tips – everything you need to succeed on a keto diet.

Here are new inspirational stories from people who have taken the challenge:

Feedback

I enjoyed the challenge.

Plus points:

• I lost 8 lbs (4 kg) over the two weeks.
  • I liked the recipes.
  • I found the daily suggestions useful.

Minor niggles:

• A lot of the meal plans had an American slant – pizza and burgers.

Overall great.

Rachel

I loved it. Thought it made the first two weeks SO EASY. I have two suggestions:

Loved the daily emails. Maybe tell people (more obviously) in each email what the macros are if they eat according to plan for the day. I am not really tracking macros, but I’d like to know roughly so I learn.

I had a really hard time finding the challenge and menu plan in the app. So I kept having to go back to my emails to find the day’s recipes. I’m pretty tech-savvy, so I’m guessing I’m not the only one. That was a little frustrating.

I loved the food and the shopping lists and the daily emails. Well done!
I loved the food and the shopping lists and the daily emails. Well done!

Liz

My 2-week keto challenge went pretty smoothly and I’ve lost about 10 lbs (5 kg)! Although the first few days were a little tough, once I got the hang of it, it was pretty simple.

Your website provided a lot of valuable information for me, which was so easy to understand. I will be continuing on with my keto lifestyle and am looking forward to learning and losing a bit more! 😊

Thank you,
Julie

I think the diet is going really well, I was 94 kg (207 lbs) before I started it. Now I am 86.8 kg (191 lbs) although I’ve been training very hard with 30 min hiit training and 30 min of weights with only two days off.

I would recommend it to anybody that wants to lose weight.
I would recommend it to anybody that wants to lose weight.

I did have a little bit of a problem when I cut out all my sugars, light headed and was not feeling well at all, but I fixed the problem with a teaspoon of sugar and since then have been doing very well.

Jainesh

I loved the challenge! I am a female and my age is 58! Loved having the menu and shopping list! It made it so easy! The food we cooked was amazing! We really enjoyed it! My husband also liked it! We cooked together! He is 68 and lost 10 lbs (5 kg) and I lost 7 lbs (3 kg)! This was our first two weeks on keto and Diet Doctor and we were never hungry, the food was awesome, it was fun, and so easy! We will continue! Now onto the 5-week challenge!

Linda

Get started today!

Sign up for instant access to a simple step-by-step guide to the keto challenge. You will also receive meal plans, recipes and shopping lists for two weeks. In case you have not received an email from us after signing up, please check your spam folder too!

Already signed up? Click here.

Success stories

Share your story

Do you have a success story you want to share on this blog? Send it (photos appreciated) to frida@dietdoctor.com, and please let me know if it’s OK to publish your photo and name or if you’d rather remain anonymous. It would also be greatly appreciated if you shared what you eat in a typical day, whether you fast etc. More information:

Share your story!

Support

Do you want to support Diet Doctor and get access to bonus material? Check out our membership.

Join free for a month

Success stories

• "I'll do this or I'm going to die trying"
    ddplus-icon.svg
    "I'll do this or I'm going to die trying"19:23Kristie Sullivan struggled with her weight for her whole life in spite of trying every diet imaginable, but then she finally lost a 120 pounds and improved her health on a keto diet.
  • Living low carb with Sue Acres
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Living low carb with Sue Acres04:33Sue used to be 50 pounds (23 kg) overweight and suffered from lupus. Her fatigue and pain was also so severe that she had to use a walking stick to get around. But she has reversed all this on keto.
  • Pie-making champion goes low carb
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Pie-making champion goes low carb03:23Learn how this pie-making champion went low carb and how it changed his life.
  • My success story with Carole Freeman
    My success story with Carole Freeman02:58Carole’s list of health issues had been growing longer and longer over the years, up to the point when it just got to be too much. Check out the video above for her full story!
  • My low-carb story with Marc Gossange
    ddplus-icon.svg
    My low-carb story with Marc Gossange03:01After living somewhat of a high-carb life and then living in France for a few years enjoying croissants and freshly baked baguettes, Marc was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
  • "Being overweight is a lot harder than being on a low-carb diet"
    ddplus-icon.svg
    "Being overweight is a lot harder than being on a low-carb diet"02:43Michael Berta had 80 pounds (36 kg) of excessive weight, felt stripped of energy and suffered from bad acid reflux when he decided to start the simplest diet he could think of: low carb.
  • A low-carb story with Dr. Sanjeev Balakrishnan
    ddplus-icon.svg
    A low-carb story with Dr. Sanjeev Balakrishnan01:59How can you as a doctor treat patients with type 2 diabetes? Dr. Sanjeev Balakrishnan learned the answer to this question seven years ago. Check out this video for all the details!
  • Living low carb with Chris Hannaway
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Living low carb with Chris Hannaway08:19What does living low carb look like? Chris Hannaway shares his success story, takes us for a spin in the gym and orders food at the local pub.
  • My success story with Chuck Hicks
    My success story with Chuck Hicks02:39At nearly 500 lbs (230 kg) Chuck could barely move at all anymore. It wasn’t until he found a keto diet that thing started to change.
  • My success story with Kenneth Russell
    My success story with Kenneth Russell02:52When Kenneth turned 50, he realized that he wouldn't make it to 60 the way he was going.
  • Living low carb with Jill Rieder: Finding her way to health
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Living low carb with Jill Rieder: Finding her way to health08:32Meet Jill Reider and get to know all about her experiences on a keto diet.
  • My success story with Jim Caldwell
    ddplus-icon.svg
    My success story with Jim Caldwell02:23Jim Caldwell has transformed his health and gone from an all-time high at 352 lbs (160 kg) to 170 lbs (77 kg.
  • "I sort of wanted to save the world"
    ddplus-icon.svg
    "I sort of wanted to save the world"22:22How can you give back to the low-carb community after achieving great results on the diet? Bitte Kempe-Björkman explains.
  • Challenging the dogma
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Challenging the dogma16:47Dr. Priyanka Wali tried a ketogenic diet and felt great. After reviewing the science she started recommending it to patients.
  • "My doctor urged me to take statins"
    ddplus-icon.svg
    "My doctor urged me to take statins"20:17Diamond became highly interested in cholesterol and heart disease, and was able to make vast improvements – without ever taking medications.
  • A life without migraines
    ddplus-icon.svg
    A life without migraines15:44Elena Gross' life was completely transformed with the ketogenic diet.
  • A low-carb story with Dr. Peter Foley, part 1
    ddplus-icon.svg
    A low-carb story with Dr. Peter Foley, part 102:13Can you prescribe your patients with a low-carb diet? Dr. Peter Foley, a practicing doctor in the UK, invites people to get involved if they are interested.
  • Living low carb with Caroline Smale
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Living low carb with Caroline Smale07:30Caroline Smale shares her low-carb story and how she lives low carb on a daily basis.
  • "I have been following the wrong advice!"
    ddplus-icon.svg
    "I have been following the wrong advice!"16:39How Antonio Martinez finally managed to reverse his type 2 diabetes.
  • Treating cancer with a keto diet
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Treating cancer with a keto diet17:07Can a strict keto diet help prevent or even treat some cancers, like brain cancer?
  • 200 pounds lost and a health journey for the family
    ddplus-icon.svg
    200 pounds lost and a health journey for the family15:05Larry Diamond has transformed his life and lost 125 lbs (57 kg) on a low-carb diet, and here he shares his insights from his journey.
  • 80 pounds lighter and no medications
    ddplus-icon.svg
    80 pounds lighter and no medications09:12Is it possible to reverse your diabetes with the help of a strict low-carb diet? Definitely, and Stephen Thompson did it.
  • A low-carb story with Dr. Peter Foley, part 2
    ddplus-icon.svg
    A low-carb story with Dr. Peter Foley, part 202:07Can a low-carb diet be beneficial for sporting performance? In part 2 of this interview with Dr. Peter Foley, we learn about what impact low carb can have on exercise.
  • My success story with Gillian Szollos
    ddplus-icon.svg
    My success story with Gillian Szollos02:55Gillian had a normal life when she all of a sudden started to get seizures. She suffered terrible side effects from the meds so she started a keto diet.

Low-carb basics

• Keto for beginners: Introduction
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Keto for beginners: Introduction08:02Learn how to do a keto diet right, in part 1 of our video course.
  • How to do an LCHF or keto diet
    ddplus-icon.svg
    How to do an LCHF or keto diet1:00:45Dr. Eric Westman explains how to do a well-formulated LCHF diet.
  • Cereal Killers
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Cereal Killers1:00:07What if you could – in fact – break records without eating massive amounts of carbs?
  • The 5 common mistakes on LCHF
    ddplus-icon.svg
    The 5 common mistakes on LCHF09:25Is it hard to reach your goal weight, are you hungry or do you feel bad? Make sure you're avoiding these mistakes.
  • 7 tips to make low carb simple
    ddplus-icon.svg
    7 tips to make low carb simple09:41The star of the BBC series Doctor in the House, Dr. Rangan Chatterjee, gives you seven tips that will make low carb easy.
  • "I sort of wanted to save the world"
    ddplus-icon.svg
    "I sort of wanted to save the world"22:22How can you give back to the low-carb community after achieving great results on the diet? Bitte Kempe-Björkman explains.
  • How to formulate a low-carb keto diet
    ddplus-icon.svg
    How to formulate a low-carb keto diet48:32Low-carb pioneer Dr. Eric Westman talks about how to formulate an LCHF diet, low carb for different medical conditions and common pitfalls among others.
  • What is the main benefit of low carb?
    ddplus-icon.svg
    What is the main benefit of low carb?02:52What exactly is the greatest benefit of low carb? Doctors give their top answer.
  • Carb-Loaded
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Carb-Loaded1:14:40This may be the best (and funniest) low-carb movie ever. At least it's a strong contender.
  • Living low carb with Caroline Smale
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Living low carb with Caroline Smale07:30Caroline Smale shares her low-carb story and how she lives low carb on a daily basis.
  • Everything in moderation?
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Everything in moderation?05:44What’s the point of low carb, shouldn’t we all just try to eat everything in moderation? Top low-carb doctors answer this question.
  • Q&A with Franziska Spritzler
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Q&A with Franziska Spritzler09:52Questions about how to formulate an optimal low-carb or keto diet.
  • The cause of obesity
    ddplus-icon.svg
    The cause of obesity38:45What is the real cause of obesity? What causes weight gain? Dr. Jason Fung at Low Carb Vail 2016.
  • Does the brain need carbohydrates?
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Does the brain need carbohydrates?05:56Doesn’t the brain need carbohydrates? Doctors answer common questions.
  • A global food revolution
    A global food revolution34:30The mistakes behind the obesity epidemic and how we can fix them together, empowering people everywhere to revolutionize their health.
  • Saving lives and healthcare dollars
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Saving lives and healthcare dollars30:52In the world of life insurance, could low carb help save both lives and money?
  • My Big Fat Diet
    ddplus-icon.svg
    My Big Fat Diet42:31What would happen if an entire town of First Nation people went back to eating the way they used to? A high-fat low-carb diet based on real food?
  • How to stay low carb on a budget
    ddplus-icon.svg
    How to stay low carb on a budget02:36Do you want to know how to stay low carb on a budget? Kim Gajraj interviews Dr. Eric Westman to get all of his best tips on how to keep costs low when on a low-carb diet.

Weight loss advice

• Are all calories the same?
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Are all calories the same?20:04Are all calories created equally – regardless of whether they come from a low-carb, low-fat or a vegan diet?
  • What to do instead of counting calories
    ddplus-icon.svg
    What to do instead of counting calories16:02Why is counting calories useless? And what should you do instead to lose weight?
  • What's it like being a low-carb doctor on TV?
    What's it like being a low-carb doctor on TV?17:40What’s it like working with patients and giving controversial low-carb advice in front of a TV audience?
  • Is obesity caused by too much insulin?
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Is obesity caused by too much insulin?25:27Is obesity mainly caused by the fat storing hormone insulin? Dr. Ted Naiman answers this question.
  • The engineer who knows more than your doctor
    ddplus-icon.svg
    The engineer who knows more than your doctor12:55Can an engineer know more about how to get healthy than his doctor, in fact more than his three doctors?
  • The perfect treatment for diabetes and weight loss
    ddplus-icon.svg
    The perfect treatment for diabetes and weight loss45:20Do doctors treat type 2 diabetes completely wrong today – in a way that actually makes the disease worse?
  • Why a low-carb diet and other questions
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Why a low-carb diet and other questions16:59Dr. Jeffry Gerber has a long history of treating patients with low carb. What are the benefits and the concerns?
  • Motivating people to change their lives
    Motivating people to change their lives51:45How do you help and motivate people to start and stay on a low-carb diet?
  • The cause of obesity and diabetes
    ddplus-icon.svg
    The cause of obesity and diabetes45:52Why do we get fat – and what can we do about it? Iconic science-writer Gary Taubes answers these questions.
  • Becoming a low-carb doctor
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Becoming a low-carb doctor19:30How do you find a low-carb doctor? And how do we make it more simple for doctors to understand low carb?
  • The cause of obesity
    ddplus-icon.svg
    The cause of obesity15:58Here professor Lustig describes why we get fat and what to do about it. It’s not what most people think.
  • Low carb explained
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Low carb explained32:06Almost no one knows more about the practicalities of low carb than Dr. Mary Vernon. Here she explains it for you.
  • Do you have to count calories to lose weight?
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Do you have to count calories to lose weight?10:22Do you have to count calories to lose weight? Dr. Jason Fung explains why you don't.
  • Weight-loss struggles of women 50+
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Weight-loss struggles of women 50+15:48Why do so many women over 50 struggle with their weight, even on a low-carb diet? Jackie Eberstein answers.
  • Advanced low-carb tips!
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Advanced low-carb tips!31:11Dr. Eric Westman tells us his best advanced tips to maximize success on a low-carb diet.
  • Can an overweight person be healthy?
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Can an overweight person be healthy?05:55Is it possible to be overweight and healthy at the same time? Interviews at Breckenridge low-carb conference.
  • Why we get fat
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Why we get fat47:13Why do we get fat – and what can we do about it? We've been told that it’s about eating less and running more. But this seldom works well.
  • Isn't weight loss all about counting calories?
    ddplus-icon.svg
    Isn't weight loss all about counting calories?03:14To lose weight, you just eat fewer calories than you burn. Is it really that simple? Top low-carb doctors answer.

The post The keto challenge: “It made the first two weeks SO EASY” appeared first on Diet Doctor.

Visa hela artikeln

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg
Dela på andra webbplatser